Dear Patients, Family, and Friends of Vondran Orthodontics,
We sure have missed seeing all of your smiling faces in our office over the past few weeks! Our hope is that everyone is healthy and doing well, both physically and mentally, as we trudge through the COVID-19 pandemic. On March 16, our office closed as part of a national response to slow the spread of COVID-19 and to preserve vital supplies for the fearless medical professionals on the front lines.
In accordance with state guidelines, we are preparing to re-open our offices on Monday, May 18.
We have designed a modified schedule allowing us to address many of the immediate needs of our patients in a safe environment; however, this does not mean a return to business as usual. The patience and understanding shown by each of you over the last two months has been incredible and appreciated, and we ask for your continued understanding as we wade forward into establishing our new normal. Look to our website and social media outlets and expect email and text messages for updates on changes you can expect in our practice.
We are dedicated to your health and safety - Here’s what we are doing:
We understand you have concerns about COVID-19. We at Vondran Orthodontics want to make sure that we do everything that we can to protect our patients, their families, and our team members. We have always taken pride in our procedures to keep the office clean and safe. We practice universal precautions, which means we treat each patient as they could potentially be infected. By original design, the treatment chairs in our clinic are already more than 6' apart to adhere to social distancing guidelines. We are installing glass wall partitions between each chair to help achieve separation as well. For surface and air disinfection, we are implementing the CDC protocols that the Mayo Hospital Clinic in Rochester, MN have implemented in their dental clinics: utilizing germicidal ultraviolet C lighting and indoor-fogging of all areas with a vaporized form of disinfectant three times daily and disinfecting/sterilizing after each patient.
Our goals are to minimize the possibility of exposure as we continue to provide the uncompromised service and orthodontic treatment that all of our patients deserve, BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP!
With your safety in mind, please follow these instructions when you arrive for an appointment:
- When you arrive for your appointment, please DO NOT come into the office. Our waiting room is closed. Remain in your car. Text or call 501-607-3420 that you have arrived, or call the normal office number. We ask that you DO NOT arrive early for your appointment, as we will not be able to see you until your appointed time.
- For appointments, ONLY PATIENTS will be allowed into our CLINIC area. This does not apply to consultations, where parents and guardians are a necessary part of the appointment process. Of course if the patient is too young or old, the caregiver can accompany them in, THEN RETURN TO THE CAR. We insist that siblings remain at home or wait in the car. If any of these conditions cannot be met, it is best if we reschedule the appointment.
- When entering the building, please wear a facemask.
- Your temperature will be taken with a no touch thermometer. Any reading over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will require us to reschedule your appointment.
- We will ask you a series of medical history and travel questions. Any positive answers wil require we reschedule your appointment.
- We will ask you to rinse for 30 seconds with an antimicrobial rinse and then escort you to your chair.
- Each patient’s next appointment WILL BE SCHEDULED before they leave and a reminder given to the patient. If this appointment does not work with your schedule, please call us to change it.
Although parents will not be in the office, we still consider you critical participants in your child’s treatment and we will do our best to communicate with patients or parents through whatever means possible. Just because you can’t be in the office doesn’t mean we will not keep you updated on what is happening with your child’s treatment. Our team may call you to speak with you or even send you a video through your child’s phone. However, feel free to reach out to us after the appointment with questions.
- We have removed as many avenues for cross-contaminations in our office as possible: all chairs have been removed from our waiting rooms, toothbrushing stations have been placed out of commission, water, coffee, magazines, video games, toys, and the self-check screen in will be suspended until further notice.
- Please consider rescheduling retainer check appointments to a future date or ask for a virtual appointment as many of these appointments can, and will, be handled virtually through phone calls, emails, and text messages.
- If you have additional Invisalign aligners to be delivered and do not require the placement or removal of attachments, we are continuing our "curbside" delivery of aligners to pick up your next set of trays. If you need attachments placed/removed, we will schedule a normal appointment.
Remember, our goal is to resume patient care safely while following rapidly evolving recommended guidelines and protocols to reduce the spread of the disease. If you have any concerns or feel uncomfortable about a visit to our office, we certainly understand and will be happy to assist you in rescheduling your appointment.
Please use the instructional video of how to take pics of your teeth in order to communicate with us virtually.
Please note, that as always, we will be able to assist in any emergency situation. CALL THE AFTERHOURS EMERGENCY NUMBER (501) 607-3420 for instructions and we’ll walk you through your specific scenario.
Lastly, understand that plans will continue to change as we receive more information from governing agencies. Just be patient with us and know that the health and well-being of our patients, team members and community has always been and continues to be one of our top priorities! We will get through this together! Keep calm and carry-on!